Popular Posts

Friday, April 2, 2010

Fantastic Mr. Fox

Sometimes you just miss a movie, you know? I mean the whole appeal of it just eludes you. Clearly there must be some reason this stop-motion animated, dry-humor infused quirk fest was received warmly by critics. I just can't for the life of me figure it out.

It's surreal that this isn't so very different from Wes Anderson's other movies, which I actually enjoy very much (esp. Rushmore and Royal Tenenbaums.) There's family tension and quirky characters, but it just isn't as funny or compelling. I think the limitations of dolls as actors comes into play.

Fantastic Mr. Fox's 87 minutes felt a lot longer. I was almost in pain waiting for it to end. See it if you want, if you dare to, and if you like it, could you let me in on the secret? Until then, 0.2 out of 10. Just because I smirked at one joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment